Thursday, November 27, 2008

Poem written by Lorene McPherson

The days are long, the nights are even longer.
I'm fettered and shackled by the burden og
illness, discontent and loneliness.

I try to free myself to face a new tomorrow
But instead the straps are drawn tight
And the burden is made heavy

I'm weary, I'm tired, I hope for a place
To rest and then new trials surround me.
I search for a song and find only discord.

I long for sunshine and laughter.
I find grey clouds of doubt and a mocking
Bitter wind to chill the aching body as ne'er before.

I life my head in an effort to call for help but feel God is too far away.
The walls of my abode seem to imprison me and I wonder will there be a tomorrow!

Yes, tomorrow will come and it will bring Victory!
For I know too well my Redeemer liveth.
For yes, I've been surrounded by doubt before
But have always found God was always near.
He never leaves me alone.
He only lets me find the true patch through the maze.

The Clouds of doubt begin to life and a blue sky of promise
Shines through. Faith is truly renewed and another battle
Is won over the oppressor, which gives me the courage to go on.

No comments: